Mobile App Enhanced Security
Digital crimes and fraud have fostered continuous security enhancements of online banking to help prevent criminals from gaining access to personal and financial information. To continue to provide excellent member service to you and your family, we upgraded the security features on our mobile banking app on September 10th, 2018. The new extra layer of security is known as Two-Factor Authentication, also known as 2FA.
How does Two-Factor Authentication work?
Two- Factor Authentication, also known as 2FA, is an additional layer of security that is known as multi-factor authentication that requires not only a username and password but also information that only, the user will have access to the answers. In addition to your username and password, we will ask you to authorize your device. The first time you use our mobile app after the upgrade, you will be asked to enroll by providing a telephone number where we can text or call you when we need to verify the device you are using for online banking.
The new security feature can help to lower identity theft and ensure that your personal information is harder to access by potential hackers. We are determined to help you manage, and protect your accounts with enhancements that improve security during your online experience.
PTFCU Card Security Features
Our PTFCU cards come with a variety of security features that allow your cards to stay secure.
- Card Holders Name. All cards will contain member name to advise ownership of card.
- Expiration Date. Your card will have an expiration date that will advise when your card is no longer valid.
- Chip technology. All debit and credit cards are inserted with a chip to enhance payment security. The chip creates distinctive data with each transaction, making fraud more difficult.
- Identification Number. Your ATM card will contain a four digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) printed below your card number that uniquely identifies that your card is issued from HFCU.
- Secure Code. The back of our debit and credit cards will contain a Card verification Code also known as “CVV” with a three digit security code that assists with payment protection for non-present transactions.
- Signature panel. All of our debit and credit cards come with a signature panel that is required to be signed by card owners. This signature assists in identifying card ownership.